1. The Polk County Board of Elections has meets every second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at 144 West Ave. Suite D.
2. Haven, a support group for women, meets each Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium of the Cedartown Housing Authority, 344 West Ave. A group discusses such issues as domestic violence, sexual assault and addictions among other topics. The group is described as a place where women can safely talk about any problem or issue they may be having. For more information, contact 770-748-6633 or 770-748-2300.
3. All 4th and 5th grade girls interested in joining Girl Scouts are invited to contact Karen Parker at email@example.com or 678-757-0076 for more information; troop meets alternate Tuesdays after school until 5 p.m.
4. The Polk School District Board of Education will meet at the Central Office in Cedartown at 6:30 p.m.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have an event you would like posted in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter or call 770-748-1520.