1. The Northwest Georgia Regional Commission’s Area Agency Advisory Council will hold its regular business meeting today at 10 a.m. at Thornton Recreation Center, 102 North Floyd Rd. Armuchee, Ga. 30165. This meeting is open to the public.
2. The Polk School District Board of Education will meet in special session form community input on redistricting seats today at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
3. Haven, a support group for women, meets each Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium of the Cedartown Housing Authority, 344 West Ave. A group discusses such issues as domestic violence, sexual assault and addictions among other topics. The group is described as a place where women can safely talk about any problem or issue they may be having. For more information, contact 770-748-6633 or 770-748-2300.
4. GNTC is holding an Early Childhood Care and Education Regional Round Up at the Polk County Campus today at 5 p.m. Anyone interested in a career in early childhood education will want to attend this free event. Interested participants are asked to RSVP to Elizabeth at 770-642-6722.
5. The Cedar Hill Senior Living Community , 402 East Ellawood Ave., Cedartown, will have a free learning session on Alzheimer’s Disease on Oct. 25 from 6-7 p.m. A special speaker will lead the session, and light refreshments will be served.
If you have an event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.