1. The Vegetable Market will open at for the first time this summer at 6:30 a.m. at Peek’s Park parking lot in Cedartown. The market will be open each Tuesday and Friday morning from 6:30 until 8:30 a.m. or until the vegetables are sold. If you have any questions, call the Polk County Extension office at 770-749-2142.
2. 3. A part of Main Street will again be closed today from noon until midnight for shooting outdoors scenes downtown and around the parking lot behind Pirkles.
3. The “Locally Grown Talent” exhibit is open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The new gallery is located in the Rockmart Municipal Complex Cultural Arts Center. Everyone is invited to visit and view the Art. Admission is always free. This exhibit will be on display through Saturday, August 6.
4. The Kiwanis Club of Cedartown meets every Friday at 12:15 p.m. at Cherokee Country Club.
5. The 8th Regiment Band will present a special concert commemorating the 25th Anniversary of their formation on June 24 at the Rome City Auditorium starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. (FYI- Your local librarian has been known to play an E-flat Alto Horn with this group.)