1. The Freedom Seekers will host a benefit ride and a battle of the bands on Saturday, June 18. Registration starts at 10 a.m. at Cedartown Feed and Seed. The ride will leave at noon and end at the Freedom Seekers MC clubhouse with food and the battle of the bands. Featured bands will be Bad Luck Road, Embodied, Bent Fender, Nasty D and Slimon G’s. All proceeds will go to Jamie Pope, of Cedartown, who is in need of a kidney. All monies will be matched by the Georgia Transplant Foundation. For more information, contact Ricky at 706-936-9419 or Darron at 678-246-0182.
2. The Cedartown Library's Cinema Saturdays continue today at 1 p.m. with "Justin Bieber - Never Say Never" Rated G Concert Film Paramount Pictures; Directed by Jon Chu Runtime 105 minutes; 2011 This documentary and concert film follows teen pop sensation Justin Bieber on his 2010 concert tour. We get exclusive behind-the-scenes footage as well as pictures and videos from Justin's childhood. Also featured are cameos but other superstars such as Usher and Jaden Smith.
3. The “Locally Grown Talent” exhibit is open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The new gallery is located in the Rockmart Municipal Complex Cultural Arts Center. Everyone is invited to visit and view the Art. Admission is always free. This exhibit will be on display through this Saturday, Aug. 6.
1. On Sunday, June 19, 2011 a portion of Main Street will be closed due to the filming of “Jane Mansfield’s Car.” The closure will be from Ware Street and north to Noyes Street and Prior Street.
2. Sunday Worship Service will by held at 11 a.m. at First United Methodist Church in Cedartown
3. Sunday Morning Worship Service will bey held at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Cedartown
1. Julia Trawick Knight is holding a sculpture showing at the Cedartown Welcome Center until July 6 2011.
If you have an event you would like listed on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.