1. The Cedartown Wal-Mart will host senior day every Wednesday at 9 a.m. Seniors are invited to enjoy coffee, donuts and muffins as well as five games of bingo with prizes for the winners.
2. The AARP Tax Program will once again be available at the Cedartown Library this year. This program provides free tax preparation and assistance to low and middle income taxpayers, with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Today is the last day assistance will be provided at the library. Assistance will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please come early to sign up as there are limited number of returns that can be prepared daily, and make sure to bring and ID and Social Security cards.
3. Kids in Recovery meets every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the Cedartown Library for kids ages 12 to 19-years-old with substance abuse problems. For more information call Pastor Sims, 770-546-0772.
4. The Rockmart Civic Arts Commission has open studio pottery on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The cost is $12 per session and includes all instructions and supplies. For more information, contact Instructor Paul Craighead at 770-843-5302.
5. Pastors Ruby Griffith and Mark Hanson of New Beginnings Tabernacle, 508 McKibben Rd., would like to invite everyone to the Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
If you have an event you would like posted on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.